Notifications
Clear all

Comedogenic Ingredients!(To Discuss The Effect Or No Effect On Ur Skin)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/23/2013 6:42 am

Aroma-Magic-Sunblock-Lotion-SPF30-PA++-6

contains :

# purified water

#organic beewax

#zinc oxide

#daucus carota sativa oil - carrotseed oil

#vegetable glycerin

#Triticum Vulgare- wheat germ oil(comedogenic as per ratings- 5)

#camella sinensis extract- japanese green tea

#aloe vera gel

#anthemis nobilis essential oil - roman chamomile essential oil

#ascorbic acid - vitamin c

#simmondsia chinesis- jojoba oil

#calendula officinasis essn oil - marigold flower

#helichrysum flower essn oil-

#sodium riboflavin phosphate(?)

#panthenol

concern : wheatgerm oil

what do u guys think???

here,this one's not natural or chemical-free but check the ingredients.

does this sound alright???

Sun-Block-2.jpg

these are all sunscreens btw!

MemberMember
(@thefearlessface)

Posted : 07/23/2013 10:46 am

The first one looks great and I wouldn't worry about using it. Second one not so good- lots of chems like you said- the liquid parrafin could be especially pore clogging- it is basically vaseline. Any parrafin or petroleum product is highly refined and a a by-product of the oil industry. I don't know who had the "brilliant" idea of using this stuff in skin care- most likely some money-hungry CEO looking for a cheap filler for crap ingredients. It's not good for your skin. It will not allow it to breathe and is very comedogenic. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/23/2013 12:05 pm

The first one looks great and I wouldn't worry about using it. Second one not so good- lots of chems like you said- the liquid parrafin could be especially pore clogging- it is basically vaseline. Any parrafin or petroleum product is highly refined and a a by-product of the oil industry. I don't know who had the "brilliant" idea of using this stuff in skin care- most likely some money-hungry CEO looking for a cheap filler for crap ingredients. It's not good for your skin. It will not allow it to breathe and is very comedogenic. Hope this helps!

the only concern with the 1st one is wheatgerm oil(comedogenic : irritating ratio = 5:4 i suppose)

but otherwise its really good like u said.

in fact just so u know, its a natural brand and cheaper compared to even regular brands.

i am looking forward to using this one.

the 2nd one also has paraben.i mentioned that even then because paraben(although with other side effects) is non-comedogenic.

its crazy that this brand is one of the most popular 'herbal' brand in my country.people read the ingredients and still have no problem calling it 'natural' or 'herbal'!!

thanks the info,i was unsure about paraffin(also since they mentioned light liquid).

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 07/23/2013 1:11 pm

Mineral oil, Vaseline and liquid paraffin are non comeogenic. They are occlusive dressings used to speed up wound healing and allow for better topical absorption. They create a seal to keep out bacteria.

If you have cysts, boils or any open sore these can help keep out bacteria and speed up the healing process.

These are not the same as gasoline and shouldn't be compared. Yes they come from crude oil which is organic( comes from the earth ) but they have been refined and treated in a different way.

A lot of natural things can make you ill in some respect. Do you're own research and, I'm not trying to be mean or anything but if i were you I'd take what most people say on here with a grain of salt. The info they're shelling out to you is so far from truth.

So, do some googling and please don't use this site for your main info source. I've found out stuff the hard way. All the facts out weigh the scare tactics about mineral oils.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 07/23/2013 1:31 pm

Plus the first person to comment on this totally contradicted herself. If the mineral oil is highly refined it falls into carcinogen group 3 on the scale. Group 3 means they are not suspected to be carcinogenic but, information isn't available to consider them harmless. It has been harmful to lab rats. But rats aren't people so I dunno why they still do scientific testing on animals.

Anyway... If you don't feel comfortable using any mineral oil, Vaseline or liquid paraffin then don't use it.

If you choose to use fruit or seed oils make sure they're 1st cold pressed.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/24/2013 1:21 am

Plus the first person to comment on this totally contradicted herself. If the mineral oil is highly refined it falls into carcinogen group 3 on the scale. Group 3 means they are not suspected to be carcinogenic but, information isn't available to consider them harmless. It has been harmful to lab rats. But rats aren't people so I dunno why they still do scientific testing on animals.

Anyway... If you don't feel comfortable using any mineral oil, Vaseline or liquid paraffin then don't use it.

well,i'd ask u straight away - what is ur opinion on the 1st product?i have already stated my concern(wheatgerm oil)

u see i am trying to hear out opinions and sides.

experiences if any.

am not sure if the essential oils used are cold pressed or not.those are never mentioned on products.

but considering they are not(in the 1st one) do u think its gonna be bad?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 07/24/2013 10:14 am

well,i'd ask u straight away - what is ur opinion on the 1st product?i have already stated my concern(wheatgerm oil)

u see i am trying to hear out opinions and sides.

experiences if any.

am not sure if the essential oils used are cold pressed or not.those are never mentioned on products.

but considering they are not(in the 1st one) do u think its gonna be bad?

The first one looks okay but wheat germ oil is very comeogenic. Have you been using it and like it? The second one I cannot see the ingredients because I'm on my phone.

Whenever you're buying oils for your skin or to cook with you gotta make sure they're quality. That's if you're health conscious. 1st cold pressed means its the purest to the actual seed or fruit it can get. It still has all the vitamins and nutrients in it. The more and more fruit/seed oils get refined the worse they get, its the exact opposite with mineral oil. Most store bought olive oil is cut with all kinds of low grade highly refined oils. So be careful what you buy.

Essential oils are different they are vapor distilled and mixed with alcohol so that's why they're astringent oils. Essential oils are usually okay. I've bought all kinds of different brands and they all work the same too me.

I use Neutrogena baby SPF and like it. It actually works. The zinc oxide in it kills bacteria, heals skin and repels harmful sun rays. It also has ascorbic acid(vitamin c) so it helps with hyperpigmentation and is a SPF as well. It does make a white cast but if you just rub it in real good you're fine. I use a quarter size amount for my face and neck.

I find it incredibly hard to find good natural products in stores. One treatment from the line will be great but the others not so much. I have never found an "all natural" SPF or moisturizer that was amazing. They're always super oily and have a bunch of irritating ingredients.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/24/2013 1:35 pm

i knew about neutregena pure& free range !but the stupid brand only has the chemical ones which has as many preservatives as wall paint!

the 1st one is aroma magic sunblock spf30pa++ and this brand is actually by Dr. Blossom kochhar who believes in all natural stuff!

in fact this one brand which promises to have no paraben,no artificial fragnance,no harsh chemicals and no oxybenzone and no alcohol.

i am really looking forward to using it.i have read more or less good reviews.i dnt think am suppose to add external links to blogs but u could just google the product.

but wheatgerm oil is my concern too.

i am scared and hope it doesnt break me out badly or anything.because otherwise it seems all good.

do u want me to list down the ingredients of the 2nd product?(since u cant see it?)

there is a aroma magic aloe gel which doesnt have zinc oxidestrongsad.gif but The active ingredients - only the ones mentioned : Extracts of Aloe Vera, Rose and Carrot, Benzaphenone and pure essential oils of Rose and Lavender.

but the older version of the same product read this:

direction+protection-detail.jpg

which sounds better!

they have brought a newer range which is not reviewed anywhere yet.so i will have to wait to check the new list of ingredients.

its better i feel because its a gel(for oily skin) but spf is only 20!=(

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 07/24/2013 3:22 pm

i knew about neutregena pure& free range !but the stupid brand only has the chemical ones which has as many preservatives as wall paint!

the 1st one is aroma magic sunblock spf30pa++ and this brand is actually by Dr. Blossom kochhar who believes in all natural stuff!

in fact this one brand which promises to have no paraben,no artificial fragnance,no harsh chemicals and no oxybenzone and no alcohol.

i am really looking forward to using it.i have read more or less good reviews.i dnt think am suppose to add external links to blogs but u could just google the product.

i am scared and hope it doesnt break me out badly or anything.because otherwise it seems all good.

do u want me to list down the ingredients of the 2nd product?(since u cant see it?)

there is a aroma magic aloe gel which doesnt have zinc oxidestrongsad.gif but The active ingredients - only the ones mentioned : Extracts of Aloe Vera, Rose and Carrot, Benzaphenone and pure essential oils of Rose and Lavender.

which sounds better!

they have brought a newer range which is not reviewed anywhere yet.so i will have to wait to check the new list of ingredients.

I think this one is better but sandlewood is comeogenic. It gets a 2 on the scale. SPF 20 is fine you still need some vitamin d.

http://www.mommypotamus.com/how-to-make-non-toxic-homemade-sunscreen/

http://wellnessmama.com/2558/natural-homemade-sunscreen-recipe/

Here are a couple DIY links to make your own sunblock. This way you know what's going into your sunblock. I'm sure there are more recipes but you'll just have to use google and find one that suits you.

There is this too. Hope I've been of some help

http://www.thelovevitamin.com/4013/sunscreen-and-acne-part-three/

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/27/2013 1:13 am

which sounds better!

I think this one is better but sandlewood is comeogenic. It gets a 2 on the scale. SPF 20 is fine you still need some vitamin d.

Here are a couple DIY links to make your own sunblock. This way you know what's going into your sunblock. I'm sure there are more recipes but you'll just have to use google and find one that suits you.

u were very helpful thank u.

i think at the moment its a lil' difficult for me to make my own sunscreen but i will definitely try these out.

also,i think i will try the 1st one(the last one is no more manufactured i suppose).

when and if i do(the one with wheatgerm oil * shudders*)

i will definitely let u know my experience.

thanks a.p

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 07/27/2013 10:59 am

which sounds better!

u were very helpful thank u.

i think at the moment its a lil' difficult for me to make my own sunscreen but i will definitely try these out.

also,i think i will try the 1st one(the last one is no more manufactured i suppose).

when and if i do(the one with wheatgerm oil * shudders*)

i will definitely let u know my experience.

thanks a.p

Please do and you're welcome!